Discover all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport this weekend.
Weather and marine forecasts as of 12 pm on Friday, February 22nd.
Friday, February 22nd
- Friday – Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 28. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday – NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night – N winds around 5 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:30 am and sunset will be at 5:28 pm.
- The first low tide was at 3:04 am and the next low tide will be at 3:26 pm. The first high tide was at 9:47 am and the next high tide will be at 10:15 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 58 minutes of sun. The solar transit was at 11:59 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 18 days, lighting is 92%.
Things To Do
- Newport Winter Festival continues – Schedule Here
- Newport Burger Bender continues – More Info Here
- 9:30 am – Redwood Book Sale
- 12 pm – Girl Scout Cookie & Beer Pairing at Newport Storm
- 1 pm – Winter Festival: Ice Cream Sundae Bar at Hotel Viking
- 2:30 pm – Seal Watching Tour
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Hotel Viking Fire + Ice Bar
- 4:30 pm – Alzheimer’s Association Early Stage Support Group at Newport Hospital
- 4:45 pm – Stan & Ollie at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 7 pm – Frosé Pops, Fudge & Fire at Brix
- 5 pm to 8 pm – Taproot Beer Hall Night at Newport Vineyards
- 6:30 pm – Mad Scientist Fire & Ice Show! at Newport Marriott
- 6:30 pm – Guest Chef Dinner ft. Marc Sheehan at Forty 1 North
- 7 pm – Disco Night at OceanCliff
- 7 pm – Paint Nite at LaForge Restaurant
- 7 pm – Open Rehearsal at Island Moving Company
- 7:30 pm – They Shall Not Grow Old at Jane Pickens Theater
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 8:30 pm – Winter Festival Comedy Show featuring Nick Griffin at Gurney’s
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Buskers Irish Pub – Live music with Cowpie Poachers at 9 pm
- Celtica – Karaoke at 10 pm
- Clarke Cooke House – DJ in the Boom Boom Room at 9 pm, DJ in Candy Store after dinner/9pm
- Diego’s Barrio & Cantina (Middletown) – Live music with The Devilfish at 9 pm
- Firehouse Theater – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8 pm
- Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina – Live music with Brian Scott from 6 pm to 9 pm,Winter Festival Comedy Show featuring Nick Griffin at 8:30 pm
- Jane Pickens Theater – Stan & Ollie at 4:45 pm, They Shall Not Grow Old at 7:30 pm
- Jo’s Bistro – Live music with John & Joanne from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Karl’s Park Ave Pub (Portsmouth) – Live music with Tara’s Fault at 9 pm
- La Forge Restaurant – Live music with Dave Manuel at 7 pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar – Live music with Sean Rivers at 10 pm
- Narragansett Cafe (Jamestown) – Live music with Eddy’s Shoe at 9 pm
- Newport Blues Cafe – Live music with 7 Day Weekend at 10 pm
- One Pelham East – Live music with Brick Park at 9:30 pm
- Parlor Newport – Live music with The Z-Boys, The Devil’s Twins, DStank Solo at 9 pm
- Pour Judgement – Live music with Jason Cardinal at 9 pm
- Speakeasy Bar & Grill – Live music with Chopville at 10 pm
- Surf Club: Live music at 9 pm
- Twin River Casino Hotel (Tiverton) –Live music with Liz Boudreau at 6 pm, Live DJ at 9 pm
- Wharf Pub – Live music with John Erikson at 8:30 pm