Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport.
- Today – A chance of drizzle before noon, then a chance of showers after noon. Patchy fog before 4pm, then patchy fog after 5pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 46. South wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Showers likely, mainly before 2am. Patchy dense fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 41. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Today – S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft. A chance of drizzle this morning, then a chance of showers this afternoon. Patchy fog this afternoon with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – SW winds around 5 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 3 to 4 ft. Patchy fog. A chance of showers. Vsby 1 nm or less.
Sun, Moon, & Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newportat 7:11 am and sunset will be at 4:33 pm.
- The first low tide was at 2:04 am and the next low tide will be at 2:50 pm. The first high tide will be at 9:10 am and the next high tide at 9:30 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 22 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:52 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 2 days, lighting is 3%.
- Advertisement -
Things To Do:
- 4 pm – Teens: You Can’t Tell Me What to Do (Open Studio) at Newport Public Library
- 4:30 pm – Aquidneck Island Chess Club – Everyone Welcome at Middletown Public Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Ocean Science Speaker Series #3 at Newport Public Library
Have a thought on this? Comment below...