- Today – A chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 45. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Today – SW winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming NW this afternoon. Gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain this morning.
- Tonight –W winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the evening. Waves around 2 ft in the evening, then 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 39.9°F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:12 am and sunset will be at 4:28 pm.
- The first high tide was at 5:47 am and the next high tide will be at 6:06 pm. The first low tide will be at 11:59 am and the next low tide at 11:17 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 16 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:50 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 27 days, lighting is 6%.
Things To Do
- 9:30 am – Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group at Jamestown Housing Authority
- 12 pm – 8 Bells Lecture: Natural Genius by Chuck Veit
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – City of Newport Special City Council Meeting
- 6 pm – Teens: Art with Nycole at Newport Public Library
- 6 pm – Sound Bath with Tara Atwood at lululemon
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 1 – 7)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 1 – 7)
Have a thought on this? Comment below...