- Today – Snow showers likely, mainly after 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. Breezy, with a west wind 11 to 21 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight – A chance of snow showers, mainly before 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -8. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Marine Forecast for Narragansett Bay
- Gale Warning in effect from 1 PM EST this afternoon through late tonight
- Today – W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming SW 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft, except 5 to 6 ft at the Bay entrance. Snow showers likely this afternoon with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – W winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Waves around 3 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 7 ft, subsiding to 5 ft after midnight. Freezing spray in the evening. A chance of snow showers in the evening with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 36.0 degrees
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newport at 6:58 am and sunset will be at 4:59 pm.
- The first high tide was at 3:33 am and the next high tide will be at 3:57 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:26 am and the next low tide at 9:39 pm.
Things To Do
- 3 pm to 6 pm – January Craft – Seasonal Mural at Redwood Library
- 4 pm to 7 pm – Taproom Tunes ft. Chris Vaillancourt at Taproot Brewing
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Favourite at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Tap Takeover at Pour Judgement with Ragged Island Brewing
- 5:30 pm – Newport County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting
- What to do in Newport this week (Jan. 28 – Feb. 4)
- Where to find live music and entertainment in Newport this week (Jan. 28 – Feb. 4)
- What’s Up Newp Event Calendar
Have a thought on this? Comment below...