Here’s a look at what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a temperature rising to near 54 by 9am, then falling to around 45 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a southwest wind 17 to 21 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect through this evening
- Today – W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Waves 3 to 5 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 8 ft. Patchy dense fog this morning. A chance of showers this morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt in the evening. Waves around 3 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 6 ft, subsiding to 4 ft after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 41.0°F
Sun, Moon, & Tide Forecast
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:12 am and sunset will be at 4:26 pm.
- The first high tide was at 3:58 am and the next high tide will be at 4:22 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:42 am and the next low tide at 10:07 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 14 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:49 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 25 days, lighting is 24%.
Things To Do
- 10 am to 1 pm – New Year’s Day Brunch Buffet at Diego’s Bodega Cantina
- 10:30 am – New Years Day Vinyasa and Yin Yoga
- 11 am – Polar Dive 2019 at Island Park Beach in Portsmouth
- 12 pm – 2019 POLAR BEAR PLUNGE- NEWPORT, RI 02840
- 2 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – Mary Queen of Scots at Jane Pickens Theater
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings
Have a thought on this? Comment below...