Newport, RI – Here’s what’s happening for weather and events in and around Newport today.
- Today – Areas of dense fog before 10 am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 56. West wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 35. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from 9 am EST this morning through this afternoon
- Today –W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Areas of dense fog. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight –NW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 45.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:55 am and sunset will be at 4:16 pm.
- The first high tide was at 4:20 am and the next high tide will be at 4:44 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:50 am and the next low tide at 10:38 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 25 days, lighting is 20%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
For a full schedule of Christmas In Newport Events for today, click here.
- 11 am & 4:30 pm – The Edwards Twins at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 4:45 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Brick Market Book Club at Museum of Newport History
- 6 pm – La Fête de St. Nicolas at The Edward King House
- 7:30 pm – A Star Is Born at Jane Pickens Theater
- 75+ things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)
Have a thought on this? Comment below...