- Today –Sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
- Tonight –Clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Gale Warning in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon
- Today –NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight –NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 42.1F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:07 am and sunset will be at 4:17 pm. The first high tide was at 3:30 am and the next high tide will be at 3:54 pm. The first low tide will be at 9:55 am and the next low tide at 9:38 pm. The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 10 days, lighting is 74%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- Christmas In Newport – For a full schedule of events, click here.
- 11 am to 5 pm – Beer Fixe Lunch Special at Taproot Brewing Co.
- 11:30 am to 5 pm – Half Price Oysters and Clams at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 12 pm to 5 pm – Present Wrapping by the Midtown Elves at Midtown Oyster Bar
- 2 pm Weekly Tech Help at Portsmouth Public Library
- 4 pm – Jingle & Mingle at the Florence Gray Community Center
- 4:30 pm – Teens: Scrapbooking with Ms. Becky at Newport Public Library
- 4:30 pm – A Star Is Born at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4:30 pm – Aquidneck Island Chess Club – Everyone Welcome at Middletown Public Library
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Beer + Burger Night Tuesdays at Brix
- 7:30 pm – Maria By Callas at Jane Pickens Theater
For live music and entertainment listings, visit Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Dec. 18 – 25).
Have a thought on this? Comment below...