Newport, RI – Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport, Rhode Island today.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 45. Northwest wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
- Today –NW winds 15 to 20 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight –NW winds 10 to 15 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 2 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 43.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:51 am and sunset will be at 4:17 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:16 am and the next high tide will be at 12:40 pm. The first low tide was at 5:25 am and the next low tide will be at 7:17 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 26 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:34 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 21 days, lighting is 62%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- 11 am – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 4 pm to 6 pm – The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff
- 4:45 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5:30 pm – Dogs of Newport Yappy Hour! at O’brien’s Pub
- 6 pm – Lecture: The History of Christmas in New England at The Elms
- 6 pm – Winter Solstice Scent & Sound at lululemon Newport
- 6 pm – Norman Bird Sanctuary’s Annual Meeting & Volunteer Appreciation Party at Newport Vineyards
- 6:30 pm – Momentum Generation: newportFILM screening at Casino Theatre
- 7 pm – Pennfield School Lecture Series: Dr. Adam Cox
- 7:30 pm – The King & I From The London Palladium at Jane Pickens Theater
- 75+ things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)
Have a thought on this? Comment below...