Newport, RI – Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do on this 26th day of November.
- Today – Rain likely, mainly after 5 pm. Cloudy, with a high near 47. East wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly before 5 am. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 43. Breezy, with an east wind 19 to 24 mph becoming east 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Gale watch in effect from this afternoon through late tonight
- Today –E winds 5 to 10 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt in the afternoon. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Patchy fog. A chance of rain. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight –E winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt, becoming N 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft, except 4 to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. Patchy fog. Rain. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 46.9F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:48 am and sunset will be at 4:18 pm.
- The first low tide was at 2:38 am and the next low tide will be at 3:36 pm. The first high tide will be at 9:44 am and the next high tide at 10:18 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 18 days, lighting is 90%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Financial Statements Expert Roundtable at Salve
- 7 pm – City of Newport Zoning Board of Review
- Things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 20 – 26)
- Live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 20 – 26 )
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Sign Up For The What’s Up Newp Member Newsletter
What do you think of a hand-curated email newsletter delivered to you every morning that includes…
- A detailed weather forecast (surf, sun, and marine).
- A look at what other media organizations and websites are reporting/mentioning about our community.
- A round-up of local obituaries.
- A look at all the things to do that day.
- Other fun civic, community, and important notes (and reminders).
- And, of course, the latest from What’s Up Newp and What’s Up Rhode Island
Sign up now, it costs just $5 per month.
It keeps you informed and supports what we do!