Newport, RI – The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the near future, according to the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) and Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA).
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
RIDOT (November 24 – 30)
Temporary Road Closure
Portsmouth: Park Ave. East and West, from East Main Rd. to Narragansett Ave., is closed to through traffic for construction through late-November. Follow signed detour.
Middletown: Rte. 138A (Aquidneck Ave.) at Green End Ave., alternating lane closures for construction, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please note: this operation is anticipated to last through Fri., Dec. 7.
Portsmouth: Rte. 138 (East Main Rd.) East and West, from Boyds Lane to Turnpike Ave., shoulder closures for construction, Mon.-Fri. from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tiverton: Fish Rd. at Rte. 177 (Bulgarmarsh Rd.), alternating one-way traffic for construction, Mon. and Tues. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
RITBA (November 25 – December 1)
Claiborne Pell Bridge
- *Westbound Right Lane Closure- 24 hours a day- starting 11/27 at 4 am through 11/30 at 2 pm
- Eastbound Right Lane Closure- 11/26 to 11/30- 9 am to 3 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge
- Eastbound Alternating Lanes Closures- 11/26 and 11/30- 9 am to 3 pm
Route 138 Connector
- There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
Mount Hope Bridge
- There are currently no Lane Closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
Sakonnet River Bridge
- There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge
The schedule is subject to change. Please visit our Real Time Traffic Updates page at http://www.ritba.org/real-timetraffic