Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s happening, new, and to do out there today in and around Newport.
- Flash Flood Watch in effect from October 27, 08:00 AM EDT until October 27, 08:00 PM EDT
- High Wind Warning in effect from October 27, 06:00 AM EDT until October 27, 05:00 PM EDT
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Today – Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog before 9 am, then patchy fog after 10 am. High near 55. Windy, with an east wind 17 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Tonight – Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then a chance of rain. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog after 9pm. Low around 53. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 8 to 13 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Gale Warning in effect until 5 PM EDT this afternoon
- Today –NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Waves around 3 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 7 ft, building to 9 ft this afternoon. Patchy fog. Rain. Tstms likely this afternoon. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall this afternoon. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight – NE winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming SW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 7 ft. Patchy fog. Rain likely with a chance of tstms in the evening, then a chance of rain after midnight. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall in the evening. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 52.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:12 am and sunset will be at 5:46 pm.
- The first low tide was at 3:10 am and the next low tide will be at 3:59 pm. The first high tide will be at 10:09 am and the next high tide at 10:40 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 34 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 17 days, lighting is 94%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Oct. 28 – Victory 1 (Capacity: 202, 84 crew)
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Siver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- 8:30 am – Fall 5K by the Bay at SNA Newport
- 9 am to 12 pm – Aquidneck Growers’ Market at Newport Vineyards
- 10 am – German Car Day at Newport Car Museum
- 10 am – A Colonists Wardrobe, a History Space program at Wanton-Lyman-Hazard House
- 12 pm to 5 pm – 3rd Annual Harvest Festival at Newport Vineyards
- 1 pm to 4 pm – Howl-O-Ween Parade & Social at Wag Nation
- 2 pm – Fort and Shelter Building at Norman Bird Sanctuary
- 2:30 pm & 7 pm – Doubt: A Parable – Live Stageplay at The Edward King House
- 2:30 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 3 pm & 7 pm – Far To Near at Casino Theatre
- 6 pm – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6:30 pm – Newport Music Festival Chamber Music Series at Newport Art Museum
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Fortress of Nightmares at Historic Fort Adams
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 23 – 29)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 23 – 29)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Have a thought on this? Comment below...