Newport, RI – Good Morning! Here’s a look at all that’s happening, new, and to do out there in and around Newport, RI today!
- Today – A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 66. Southwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – A chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Today – SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 4 ft, except 6 to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. A chance of showers this morning.
- Tonight – NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 3 to 4 ft. A chance of showers after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.9 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:04 am and sunset will be at 5:56 pm.
- The first high tide was at 5:23 am and the next high tide will be at 5:44 pm. The first low tide will be at 11:13 am and the next low tide at 11:35 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 10 days, lighting is 78%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday – Regal Princess (Capacity: 3,560 passengers, 1,346 crew)
- Silver Wind (Capacity: 294 passengers, 208 crew)
Things To Do
- 8 am – Cars & Coffee at Chateau-sur-Mer
- 9 am to 12 pm – Free Daffodil Bulb Give-away! at Easton’s Beach
- 10 am – Fall Open House at IYRS
- 10 am – ALEX AND ANI 14th Birthday Celebration at Alex & Ani
- 11 am – Gooseberry Autumn Artisan Festival
- 11 am – Photographing Stones & Souls in the Common Burying Ground
- 12 pm to 7 pm – Octoberfest By The Beach at Diego’s Barrio Cantina
- 1 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Briana White at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm – Escape the Haunted Warehouse Fall Festival at Naval Station Newport
- 2:30 pm, 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – Fall Friend-Raiser at Sail Newport
- 4 pm – Citizens Wing at Ragged Island Brewing
- 6 pm – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Fortress of Nightmares at Historic Fort Adams
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Have a thought on this? Comment below...