Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for the day ahead in Newport.
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 60. Northwest wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 47. West wind around 9 mph.
- Today –NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt, becoming W around 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt this afternoon. Waves around 3 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 6 ft, subsiding to 4 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight – W winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 61.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:59 am and sunset will be at 6:02 pm.
- The first high tide was at 1:46 am and the next high tide will be at 2:12 pm. The first low tide was at 6:36 am and the next low tide will be at 8:10 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 7 days, lighting is 42%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- None scheduled today
Things To Do
- 11 am – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 1 pm – WUN Radio: Colin Kane & Sam Bradner, Hammetts Wharf Hotel
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Colette at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Newport School Committee Candidates Public Forum
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 9 – 15)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 9 – 15)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Get this information and so much more emailed to you every morning before 8 am, sign up to become a What’sUpNewp Member now!